Saturday, October 13, 2007

Nachos for Dinner

Nachos and margaritas make, in my opinion, a perfect Friday night dinner. Last night I made Emeril’s shredded chicken nachos.

This was, without a doubt, the most effort I’ve ever put into making nachos. By far. The chicken alone required an hour and a half to prepare. I almost skipped Emeril’s recommended method and just roasted it in the oven for 45 minutes, Ina Garten style, but at the last minute I decided to stick to Emeril’s recipe. I’m glad I did. The smell of the chicken cooking with the chili powder, onions, and garlic was wonderful. The chicken became so moist and tender that shredding it wasn’t nearly the ordeal I feared it would be.

In short, these were pretty good nachos. The cheese sauce was great. Instead of Emeril’s pico de gallo, I served mine with sour cream and whipped avocado, which was just an avocado whipped with a bit of lime juice, salt, and pepper. Next time I make these, I think I’ll try them with beef instead or chicken, or maybe beans. Maybe both.


No comments: